BLACK MENTAL WELLNESS RESOURCES
Finding the right apps and digital spaces that speak to the direct experiences of the Black community can feel like a challenge. Over the last few years, conversations around mental health within the Black community have taken on a new form. With talks of therapy, unlearning trauma, and self-care becoming more normalized than ever before, finding the right support for our shared cultural experiences has felt more in reach, especially during uncertain times. With that in mind, we’ve put together a collection of Black-owned wellness apps to keep you calm and centered, no matter what life tries to throw at you.
- Academics for Black Survival and Wellness an organization of Black counseling psychologists and their colleagues who practice Black allyship.
- InnoPsych Find your ideal therapist of color and boost your wellness journey with content written by and for people of color.
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective (BEAM) is a training, movement building, and grant making organization dedicated to the healing, wellness, and liberation of Black and marginalized communities.
- Inclusive Therapists aims to make the process of seeking therapy simpler and safer for all people, especially marginalized populations.
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network is a healing justice organization committed to transforming mental health for queer and trans people of color (QTPoC).
- Therapy For Black Men is a directory to help men of color in their search for a therapist.
- Aakoma Project helps diverse teenagers and their families achieve optimal mental health through dialogue, learning, and the understanding that everyone deserves care and support.
- Black Girls Smile promotes positive mental health for young African American girls.
- Black Mental Health Alliance develops, promotes, and sponsors trusted, culturally-relevant educational forums, trainings, and referral services that support the health and wellbeing of Black people and other vulnerable communities.
- Eustress raises awareness on the importance of mental health in underserved communities, allowing individuals to identify and overcome challenges to achieve a healthier and productive lifestyle.
- Black Mental Wellness provides access to evidence-based information and resources about mental health and behavioral health topics from a Black perspective, highlights and increases the diversity of mental health professionals, and decreases the mental health stigma in the Black community.
- Melanin and Mental Health- Resources connects individuals with culturally competent clinicians committed to serving the mental health needs of Black & Latinx/Hispanic communities.
- Sista Afya sustains the mental wellness of Black women through building community, sharing information, and connecting Black women to quality mental wellness services.
- The Loveland Foundation provides financial support for therapy for Black women and girls.
- Therapy for Black Girls is an online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls.